Thursday, January 10, 2008

My 2007 in review

Time waits for no one...and indeed it goes on and on even if we want it to or not. It seems only yesterday when I greeted the year 2007 wondering what it will be like... Here I am now, having lived through that year, wishing I had more time to make something more out of that year but at the same time still positive that whatever it was I wasn't able to do last year, I will be able to accomplish hopefully this year.

Last year, I wrote in my 43things.com list that one of the things I wanted to do was to "survive...simply survive the year", with "survive" meaning that I will be able to go through the year with the same, if not more, faith and steadfastness as before, especially since the end of the year 2006 brought an unexpected predicament to the family. Well, here's my 2007 in review. Let's see if I did well...



December 2006

- took JLPT Level 4 Exam

- went home for the holidays, wanted to buy a new CPU

- found out about family predicament from a stranger who visited us on the day after Christmas

- postponed buying a new CPU because of said family predicament :(



January 2007

- began planning about how to help solve family predicament

- break after Japanese lessons began

- end of project that started in December



February

- can't remember any significant event about this month



March

- business trip in Manila... my first trip to the national capital... first time to see Makati... first time to ice-skate



April~May

- can't remember any significant event about these months



June

- helped fix once and for all the family predicament... finally!

- enrolled in MCS classes :D

- enrolled in second half of the Japanese elementary course for JLPT Level 3

- planned to take PhilNITS in October





July

- went home because I missed our house... haha! as the saying goes... however humble, there's no place like home :)



August~September

- lots of OT... not enough time to review for PhilNITS... plan to take PhilNITS in October postponed to next year :(



October

- took final exams for MCS first sem subjects... didn't do really well, but hey I passed all my subjects! :p not really good grades, though. i just passed.

- turned a year older... still living by the saying "growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional" :D



November

- OT... OT... more OT

- continued to skip Japanese classes



December

- took JLPT Level 3 exam... no doubt I will fail... grrr... OT... @%&$^%$#!!!

- went home for the holidays, finally bought a new CPU! hehehe.





Hmmm... most goals that I have set out for myself in 2007 have not been met. The important thing though that I was able to help my family get through our "predicament". Plus, I was able to buy a new CPU, something that I had wanted to do ever since I graduated from college. :) So, even though 2007 wasn't such a great year for me, it wasn't so bad.



Hopefully, with God's help, I will be able to make 2008 a much better year. :)

No comments: